«LAS PROFUNDIDADES DE INTERNET»
«WEB INVISIBLE» - «INTERNET PROFUNDA»
(in, IDOIA SALAZAR, «LAS PROFUNDIDADES DE INTERNET»)
Background and Messages
1. The guiding principle is to keep weapons, combat support measures, and terrorist operatives from entering and exiting
2. The policy of liberalizing the entry of civilian goods into
3. The principles of implementation:
· Full Israeli control over everything that enters
· The list of permitted items will be replaced with a short list of prohibited items – weapons and war materiel. Any civilian product not on the list of prohibited items will be allowed into
· Problematic dual-use products that could also be utilized by the terror organizations will be allowed in, subject to the control mechanisms within the framework of designated projects carried out by recognized international bodies.
Rationale behind the Security Policy
2. Hamas also takes over the humanitarian aid in
3. Hamas calls and strives for the destruction of the State of Israel and the murder of Jews. Following are quotes from its Charter: “…the homeland shall return [to its rightful owner], and from the top of its mosques, the [Muslim] call for prayer will ring out announcing the rise of the rule of Islam” (Article 9); “'Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!” (Article 7).
4. Hamas endangers not only
5. The policy of closure on the Gaza Strip is anchored in international rules of law and treaties (including the Geneva Convention and the San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea). The policy was also authorized by the Israel Supreme Court.
Reasons for Updating the Policy
6. The policy of easing restrictions began already several months ago, as a result of ongoing decisions by the political and security echelons. During this period, a number of such measures had already been implemented; the Secretary-General of the UN expressed his satisfaction with them following his visit to
7. The policy regarding
8. Efforts to secure Gilad Shalit’s release are ongoing. The subject is raised at every security and political forum and discussion.
9. Collaborating with the international community is in
10. This policy of limiting restrictions on the entry of goods into the Gaza Strip to those products that pose a clear security risk to
11. There is no humanitarian crisis in
12. Following are some interesting data on the quality of life in the Gaza Strip:
· Lifecycle: The life expectancy in the Gaza Strip (2010) is 73.68, higher than in
· Communications: Some 20% of the population in
· Approximately 70% of the residents in
· Eighty-one percent of the households in
1. It is preferable to use the phrase “sanctions against the Hamas authorities.”
2. When necessary, use the term “closure” and not “blockade.”
3. It is recommended to use the phrase “updated policy.”
מח' מידע ואינטרנט – אגף תקשורת20.06.2010